Sunday, February 28, 2010

Egg Free Banana Muffins

I inadvertently discovered a great recipe for egg free banana muffins this morning. I was cooking before conscious (cbc), and forgot the egg in the recipe. M had asked for banana muffins for breakfast for his birthday, so I was trying to oblige.

As I was sliding the muffins into the oven, S asked me if there was raw egg in the muffin. oops. They still taste really good. Since my niece is allergic to eggs, and my girlfriend's daughter as well, I've learned the importance of finding great recipes, especially baking, that doesn't involve eggs. So, instead of just laughing it off, I'm posting the recipe.

Egg Free Banana Muffins
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
Topping
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups (I personally use cupcake liners instead of greasing the pan).

Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until it is coarse crumbs. Spoon topping on top of each muffin.

Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.

Photobucket

No comments: