Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wild day at the "farm"

Yesterday morning, I went to check obsessively for eggs as soon as I woke up. As I was walking to the chicken area, I found what appeared to be a small cowpie. Hmmm, interesting. No egg though.

Disappointed, I walked back inside, and found a second cowpie on my way back.

Curious now, I went to check my neighbor's facebook page to see if she'd had any adventures this morning. Sure enough, there had been mischief.

When J was getting ready to leave for work yesterday morning, he saw the two horses and cow grazing in our neighbor's front yard. Originally, he thought they'd been tied there to be lawn mowers. When he came out to officially leave, he realized they were in our yard now too. He managed to wake up Jennie and helped her get the animals to the back yard. Bella took a couple bites out of my corn, but J managed to get her away before hurting the rest of my garden. Moose, the calf, walked through my garden, but managed to not step on a single thing. Amazing!

He helped her get the animals situated, and left for work.

Jennie and I were chatting about it soon afterwards, and I got a phone call from one of M's friends who lives on the next street down. They spotted Moose walking down that street. I ran over to let Jennie know, and a couple neighbors had managed to get Moose to Margaret's front yard.

Jennie was mortified and decided to keep her horses and cow in her fenced back yard proper where she knew they couldn't escape until they strengthened the fenceline in our yard.

This morning, we have a new and improved fenceline, so hopefully, this won't be a home where the livestock roam...

All in all, I found it to be hysterically funny, but it could've been tragic, and my poor neighbor was pretty upset about the whole thing.

No comments: