Friday, April 18, 2008

The Zoo

Yesterday I took S & Z to the zoo with one of my very best friends. We have a family membership to the zoo, so I can take my whole family plus one guest. Kids under 3 are free, so she was my guest, and her two kids were free.

The big kids were really annoyed that I was going without them, so I told them I'd take them today if they wanted. Well, of course they wanted! I put split pea soup in the crock pot to cook while we were gone. K asked if she could invite her friend along, and I was fine with that.

We got there about 3:30 in the afternoon. All of the school groups were gone by then, and many other people had left. So, we got a great parking spot, and it wasn't crowded at all. At times, I'd take a step back from myself and think I was nuts to take 5 kids to the zoo alone, but honestly, I had a blast. It was a fun, relaxing afternoon.

No comments: