Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ogden Raptors Baseball game!

My brother in law and sister in law, Jai and Jody, had some free tickets to go to the Ogden Raptors game today. They called and invited us. I reminded them that Jim was going to be out of town, so I would be SERIOUSLY outnumbered. Jai said that was fine, but then called back and told me I didn't HAVE to come. I think that he was trying to back out of the invitation, given the adult to child ratio I was bringing to the game.

We got to the game and we went in. It turns out that tonight was a special night and the kids got a free dinner pack (hot dog, chips, cookie and drink). Wow! Killer deal!
We get settled, and I realize Z needs a diaper change. I didn't think to bring diaper or wipes inside the stadium. So, I start trekking back to the car, which is about a 4 block walk. I get to the car and remember that the diaper bag had been in J's truck yesterday. I'm silently praying that he put it in my car for me. Thank the stars above that I have the most sweet and considerate husband ever! Z was NOT doomed to sit in a stinky diaper for 2.5 hours. Hallelujah!

It sprinkled a little bit throughout the game, but overall, the weather was really nice and pleasant.

My kids loved visiting with their cousins. Partway through the game, some of the people abandoned our section of the stadium. Some people may say it was because of my kids, but I'm going to say it was because of the occasional sprinkle. The people who sat behind us were constantly laughing at the antics of my kids.Zack trying to escape. Didn't work out so well. He's small, but not THAT small.Since it had cleared out a bit, we let the older kids go sit on the front row where they could see the action a little better. Note that S is in the bottom left hand corner, trying to make friends with the couple innocently sitting there, trying to enjoy the game.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. The Raptors won, and it's always fun when the home team wins.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I would have laughed at your kids as well, it is always funny when it is someone else's kids!