Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break

My kids are on spring break this week. I had all sorts of glorious plans. I was going to completely declutter the house. I figured the big kids would keep the little kids out of my hair while I cleaned. Then, in the afternoons, we'd go swimming. We'd go to museums, we'd go to the park.

So, it's Tuesday afternoon. I DID deliver about 4 boxes of stuff to the DI. You can see the floor in Z's room. I did take the kids to the park today.

This morning, I went to the gym. The big kids HATE going, and Z still has a boogery nose, so I left the three of them home. As I was coming home, there's a police car and a fire engine blocking the entrance to our street. Uh Oh. I drive around to get to the house from the other direction. There's a police car there. I was not panicking yet. I had by then called my kids and they were completely oblivious to the excitement outside. The nice (extremely good looking) police officer moved his car so I could get by.

Apparently, our brainiac neighbor was trimming branches and somehow knocked down a power line. We never lost power, and nothing interesting happened here.

No comments: