Monday, October 6, 2008

Field Trip

Last Friday, S went on a field trip with her preschool class. We walked from the school to the fire station, where we learned about fire safety.

The teachers had an ingenious way of keeping the kids together. They tied mason lid rings on twine to create a line. Each child hung on to a ring and 5-6 kids per "line".

It was a lot of fun to see all of the little kids interact with the firefighters and play on the equipment.

I did feel like a senile old woman though. That same day, I volunteered with the older kids' spectrum program where we helped them play team building type games. I asked my friend C to babysit the littles while I volunteered. In exchange, she asked if I'd watch her kids in the afternoon. After I agreed, I remembered that I was going to help with the field trip. A couple hours after that, I remembered that Fridays are early out day at the big kids' school, and I was supposed to drive them home about 30 minutes into the field trip. Oops! Lucky for me, K's best friend's mom was willing to give my kids a ride home.

Seriously. I would leave my head somewhere if it wasn't screwed on.

3 comments:

Christine said...

With all the stuff you've got going on in a day, it's a wonder you manage to get your pants on before you leave the house. Rather than a chastise, I think you need a cheer! Hip hip hooray!

Kristen said...

I love that idea for keeping kids together. I wonder if it would work with my hubby, he wanders off sometimes.

Kristin said...

I'm feeling like that alot these days as well! I dropped my kids off at a kids program at church and the lady told me that the pick up was at 7:45. When I got home I couldn't remember if she said 45 or 25..so I played it safe and went for the earlier time. I was wrong..it was 7:45.

I feel like things go in one ear and out the other lately!

(that jar ring rope idea is ingenious!)