Thursday, May 29, 2008

Laser Hair Removal

I have tried to embrace my ape ways, but no more!! I decided a couple years ago that I was going to do laser hair removal, but then I got pregnant with S, and then things got really crazy.

As the weather has warmed up though, my interest has been rekindled in getting rid of some excess hair. I called around to a few places, and finally decided to go with Vincent Surgical Arts in South Ogden. They were offering a fantastic package deal. I could buy one area, get one free, and then if I paid for four treatments, I could get the fifth free. So, I made arrangements to get laser removal done on my underarms and bikini line. The cost will be $600 for all that, which seems to be a screaming deal. The company has no complaints with the BBB, so I think that's a good sign.

Today was my first appointment. I'll admit to being a bit nervous. The pain was not the thing I was most nervous about. I was more concerned with the whole exposure/humiliation thing. You'd think after giving birth to four children that I would have no modesty left, but apparently there was some lurking.

The technician, Lisa, was very friendly and sweet, which immediately relaxed me a little bit. She assured me this machine is the latest and greatest, and is much less painful than older machines. Either she's right, or other descriptions I've heard about laser hair removal are exaggerated. It was virtually pain free. Every once in a while, I'd feel the slightest prick of sharp pain, almost like a bug bite, but it wasn't bad at all. After a few minutes the laser started to feel a bit warm on my skin, but not uncomfortably so. This office uses the Alma Soprano laser, which is supposed to be a million times better than other lasers out there.

I was in and out in less than 45 minutes. Here's to hoping I see a difference. Honestly, I don't expect to see anything dramatic until after the 3rd or 4th treatment.

No. There will not be pictures for this blog entry. LOL

1 comment:

Cutis Medical said...

What a wonderful piece of information Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!
Hair Removal