Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My first "real" quilt

I've made countless ragtime quilts, "Quillows", etc. I think I did make one quilt that could technically be called a pieced quilt, but it was only crib sized, and I gave it away, so I don't count it.

A quilt design that I have been in love with the idea of trying is called "Stack and Whack" quilts. I even bought a couple of instruction books a couple years ago by Bethany Reynolds.
Magic Stack-n-Whack Quilts

I finally actually made a quilt using the book, and I was very pleased with the result. I hired a local woman to machine quilt it, and I think she did a fantastic job.

The quilt is for Z, and he's been so excited about the blanket. I bought fabric today to start one for S. K is really excited for me to make one for her too. M doesn't particularly care (surprise surprise!).

No comments: