Saturday, May 16, 2009

Latest Bountiful Baskets haul

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with this weeks' haul. First off, it was really, really crowded this week. Last time, I was only gone 15 minutes. This week, I had to wait in line for a half hour. I really am fairly ok with that. Here's what I got:

I like having a fruit heavy basket. The only disappointment for the basket itself is that the mangos feel very squishy, and are wrinkly, so I'm not sure if they're going to be edible.

I upgraded and got a 40 lb box of granny smith apples for $14. WOW!!!!! That's like $.33 a lb. Amazing deal, and beautiful apples.

Lastly, I upgraded to get the Asian pack. Oh yay, more mushrooms. Only my husband eats those. But, lots of Asian cuisine includes mushrooms, so an appropriate pick. I'm excited about the fresh ginger. It looks beautiful. It didn't seem like that much stuff for the money. Of course, the napa cabbage was really, really buggy. I had to get a couple flies out of the bag. Then, I saw holes eaten through it. Maybe if I was hungrier, it would be salvageable, but I just don't feel comfortable eating something that buggy.

No comments: