Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bountiful Baskets Food Co-Op

My friend Kirsten told me about this food co-op, and that they had recently expanded to Utah (they are based in AZ).

They are run by volunteers, and the fact that you get what you get means prices are really low. I got a basic basket and an Italian pack. The total came to just over $27, which included a $3 first time fee.

The basic basket costs $15. This was what was in my basic basket (that's two bunches of spinach, a bunch of red leaf lettuce and broccoflower in the back):

The Italian pack was around $7.50 if I remember correctly. This is what was in my Italian pack:

There's quite a few herbs in there, I think I saw basil and rosemary at least, but I didn't examine it too closely.

I wasn't sure what to expect, and was trying to not get my expectations too high, but I am extremely pleased and impressed despite myself.

They only do this every other week, and they have a limited number they sell at each location. I believe they open their locations to sale the Tuesday before. It goes pretty quickly, so you have to be quick. If you want to order for yourself, here is their website.

No comments: