Saturday, September 20, 2008

Friendship Bracelets

K has gotten into making friendship bracelets in a big way. She started doing them a little over a year ago when we experimented with them at a girl scout camp. She since has found a lot of instructions and is making progressively more complicated designs. Her best friend, M, gave her a book of instructions and a bunch of embroidery floss for her birthday last year, and it's been really helpful.

My sister gave her a bracelet making kit for her birthday this year, and that's give
n her some exotic beads to play with.

But, for now, her favorites are just the plain embroidery floss bracelets. We're toying with the idea of letting her set up an etsy storefront to sell them.

A couple days ago, she asked me to pick out five colors for a bracelet. Considering she does this a couple times a week, I didn't think much of it. However, she presented me with the finished bracelet and announced she made it for me. Awwww! Isn't it pretty?


Yes, I know I have hairy arms. They were the bane of my existence when I was a child. Then I grew up, had kids, and my body gave me so many more flaws to obsess over that the hairy arms kind of went by the wayside.

No comments: