Monday, March 12, 2012

House Shopping With a Mule

I bet when you saw the title, you thought I was going to talk about showing a house to some incredibly stubborn people. Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth. I met a couple of lovely people who were interested in buying a home that came with 3 acres of pasture.

They were curious to see if the fence was intact at the back of the property, so we decided to go check it out.

Once we got back to the pasture, we discovered the field was not empty.  There were four mules and horse. (For those who didn't know, a mule is a horse/donkey hybrid). One mule in particular was the sweetest, most friendly and docile animal I've ever met. It was a little intimidating because she was very, very tall. I don't know exactly how tall she was in hands, but at the top of her shoulder, she came to my mouth- so almost 5 feet tall at the back. Wow!

She stuck to me like glue the entire time we were in the pasture. She was so close to me that I was actually concerned that she was going to step on my foot. She had no sense of personal boundaries.

By the end of our tour of the pasture, I was in love. I wanted to take her home.

Isn't she sweet? She's still kind of shaggy with her winter coat, but I thought she was lovely.

No comments: