Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Puppy

I love dogs and cats. I really do. I like kittens and puppies even more. Ironic as it seems, I don't feel ready for that kind of commitment at this stage in my life. In addition, the older kids are still quite allergic, as am I.  So, I have to content myself with playing with the family's pets. Since everyone in our family has a dog, this is pretty easy.

My Grandma Jane got a Cocker Spaniel puppy over the weekend. I am giddy with excitement.  They are thinking they'll name her Bella.

My grandma reported that she sleeps most of the time, which is pretty normal for a six week old puppy.

I was DYING to meet her, so I took the younger two kids to go meet Bella on Tuesday.  The puppy woke right up when we came in, and was like a dervish the whole time we were there, acting like a normal, energetic puppy. My grandma looked pretty baffled- she kept saying, "I've never seen her this active before!"

I offered to take pictures of her because a couple of my cousins hadn't seen Bella yet, and because I'm a sucker for baby animals.

And now, may I present Bella.

No comments: