Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had an absolutely wonderful Christmas.

Christmas Eve found us at my parents' house. Both of my uncles were there, along with my aunt, and their two teenage daughters. My sisters and their husband/boyfriend were there, as well as my grandmother. The food was fabulous, and the company was wonderful.

We went home, got the kids to bed. I had a moment of panic because a game that Santa was giving the kids was nowhere to be found. It did turn up, and we got everything set out. We simplified a lot this year. Santa gave each of the kids two gifts, a flashlight, and candy/fruit in their stockings. Then they each had one gift wrapped under the tree. Z was the exception- he got a whole bunch of Chevron cars. They all seemed very pleased with what they got.

We then went on our annual whirlwind visiting spree on Christmas. We started at my parents, then went to my grandmother's, then my grandfather/stepgrandmother, and then my dad's sister. After that, we went to my sister in law's house, where J's parents were. It was so wonderful to see everyone again.

I loved giving gifts this year. I felt like I gave things people really wanted. We got perfect gifts in return. S was such a hoot- she was wildly enthusiastic over every single gift she got.

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family, and to have married into such a great family. I have no interesting drama to report. My kids are fantastic, and I have an amazing husband.

No comments: