Sunday, February 8, 2009

Teenagers

Last night, as we were going to sleep, it occurred to J and I that our kids are going to be teenagers before we know it. Our kids were all snuggled in their beds, fast asleep. Nobody was contemplating sneaking out, dating, driving, or anything else scary and teenagerish.

I started to worry a bit, because even good teenagers are a bit rebellious, so while our children are exceptionally brilliant and perfect, I'm sure there will be some cosmic justice for the heartburn J and I gave our parents when we were teenagers.

J came up with an excellent solution, and I am on board. We shall be reinstituting the family bed. We will have a one bedroom home, but a huge bedroom. We'll have all the beds, and the kids will be chained with leg irons to our legs.

Ok, so it isn't really feasible, but a girl can dream, can't she? I am not looking forward to the teenage years.

2 comments:

Chardell said...

haha! I'm all for that idea...except everyone with their own beds in the same room maybe...hmmm I still need privacy. How about laser motion detectors around their beds and they sleep in their own rooms :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for the idea! I am scared to death for Zoe to become a teenager-and I think I have problems with her now...