Friday, February 27, 2009

Bakugan Cake

Tomorrow is M's 9th birthday, and to celebrate, we are currently having a birthday party for him. I have to admit I'm being a slacker hostess. We are ordering pizza, and instead of doing games, they are playing video games. I didn't even do streamers.

I *DID* make him a cake. A Bakugan cake. I used the marshmallow fondant recipe that I am so fond of using. It's a chocolate cake.

Here's the inspiration bakugan (yes, part of it is broken).

Here is the cake I made.

The flap things are actually painted cardboard (the ends have plastic wrap on them so the boys don't eat the non-toxic paint). The base is a tie dyed shirt wrapped around a cookie sheet. The whole thing is then wrapped in plastic wrap.

1 comment:

Raeanna said...

I googled "bakugan cakes" and came across your blog. I just wanted to tell you what an awesome job you did! Thanks for the great ideas!