Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Evaluation of Sugar Free January

Well, Sugar Free January is over. I survived without getting arrested, or even committing any major crimes. I only started on minor revolution, so that's good, right?

The family also survived, though from the sounds of it, they sometimes wished they hadn't. Evidently I wasn't all that pleasant to live with. J reported that he spent the first two weeks in a state of bewilderment, wondering what in the world he'd done to get me so mad at him all.the.time.  The kids were annoyed because I wouldn't make cookies or give them the occasional ice cream dessert.

Like I predicted, I wasn't perfect and I cheated a couple times. I got two migraines during the month, and my only fix that I've found to be effective is to take 1000 mg of motrin, and chase it with a can of regular mountain dew. I fought the first headache for 3 days before I gave in. When the second one started up a week or so later, I decided not to torture myself, and immediately did my "cure".

When it was all said and done, I lost 3-4 lbs. I would say it was NOT worth it. If it'd been 10 lbs, it would have been totally worth it. In fact, I'd probably have kept it up if I saw that kind of result.

I'd say Sugar Free January was my worst idea ever.  Even worse than my chicken hatchings that has me in a house with TWELVE chickens. Of course they're all chicks, so it's not nearly as unpleasant as the mental image, but only slightly less unpleasant. It was a terribly idea, second only to "Sugar Free January".

No comments: