Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gas Prices

I started to anesthetize myself when buying gas when prices were over $3 a gallon, so I hadn't much paid attention to how much I was spending on gas. I wasn't making unnecessary trips, and I always do what I can to maximize my mileage, so I didn't see the point of freaking out when I was spending $60-$70 to fill up my car.

So, imagine my shock when I filled up yesterday.
I got 15.7 gallons, which is pretty much a full tank. I paid $24.70. I was nearly speechless. I saved the receipt, just so I could giggle about it. I would be grinning like an idiot if gas prices ever got down to $.88 a gallon, the lowest I ever remember seeing prices since I've started driving.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I know huh? I was in shock when I filled up my tank AND bought the expensive car was and it was still just below $30. I wish we could stock up on gas the way we can with food and save it for the summer when the prices go high again but that is a fire waiting to happen...