Friday, November 2, 2007

Anything to get out of room cleaning


My dd K will do anything to get out of cleaning her room.

In all seriousness, she is a great, tough kid. Today she came home from school, sobbing because she fell off her bike. Now, I can count on one hand the number of times she's cried since she exited toddlerhood. One of those times was when she broke her arm. She cried when it happened, but then insisted it felt fine and she didn't want to go to the doctor. After five days, I noticed that she was writing with her left hand. Huh. She's right handed. That's interesting. She could still move it ok, but when pressed, admitted it did hurt. "But, if it's broken, they'll put a cast on it, won't they? And you can't go swimming with a cast on, can you? No, it doesn't hurt." So, I took her the doctor. Sure enough, it was broken.

So, when she came home crying today, I definitely wanted to get her right in to the doctor. This time, I was in within two hours of the injury! Go me!

As you can see, it's broken again. She's in a temporary cast til Monday, and then she'll get the "real" cast. She's not as upset this time around because there was no swimming on the horizon. But, she is bummed out because it's her right arm again, so writing will be difficult.

She also got a big spot of road rash on her other arm, so both of her arms are all covered up in gauze. Poor kid.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Ok. It must be late or I am crazy...but I thought that was a picture of a bathtub and shower curtain. I had to really look at it to realize that its actually an xray!

I'm amazed at the pain tolerance there!

Rachel said...

Poor kid. That's no fun at all.