Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Beaking up is hard to do

I am such a dork. I am a cheater.

I have had my auto and home insurance policies with Met Life for several years and have had no trouble (no claims either though). Our agent is a nice, personable guy, and I've been happy. I've checked rates occasionally, and have found ours to be the best.

A couple days ago, another insurance agent came into my husband's work, and wanted to give apple to apple quotes. This new guy's quote was so competitive, I doubled our coverage, lowered our deductible, and added our RV to the policy and we're still paying less per year!

So, now I have to break it to my old agent that we are moving on. Obviously, the numbers speak for themselves, but I still feel bad. I will probably take the chicken's way out and send him a letter, including a thank you card, and a copy of the new policy so he can see why.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Just as long as you don't say "can we still be friends?" ;)

I'm glad you found such a great rate. :)

Katie said...

Wow... that is awesome!