Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The police busted up my playgroup party today

I was even on the phone with my husband as the policewoman came walking back into the backyard. "Oops, the police are here to bust up the party, I'll call you back". Husband was freaking out.

No, the real reason the police came was because there'd been a report of a child about three-ish years old, walking a collie around with no supervision. They were coming to my house to see if 1- we were missing anyone or 2- we knew who the child could belong to.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the photos.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much

Stacey said...

Goodness,what kind of play group are you running??

..and can I join?? ;)

Wendy said...

Stacey, Of course you can join!!! I'm afraid that only my parties get busted up by the po-po though. ROFL Seriously, if you want to join, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Kirsten said...

Are you sure they didn't come bust up your party b/c you are a creepy stalker? LOL! ;)

Natalie said...

Wow! My playgroups never get busted up by the cops. I guess I need to spice things up a bit. ;)

Rachel said...

That's great they followed up on it. A lot of times I've seen people ignore stuff that is far worse.

Sounds like an interesting playgroup at least.