Wednesday, March 9, 2011

There. All fixed!


If you've been to my house, you know that the road is in pretty terrible shape. J and I don't see eye to eye on this. He wishes the city would fix it. I LOVE it this way. For one thing, it gives everything kind of a nice country feel. Secondly, and more importantly, I think it deters speeders. People love to speed down our road, and I'm terrified that there's going to be a terrible accident one day.

We actually did have a fatality a couple years ago. On the same street,
but a couple blocks north, a couple was in their front yard, gardening. Two cars got racing, and one lost control and ended up hitting and killing the wife. The road there is in much better condition (different city).

So, I don't have a whisper of complaint for the state of our road. We joke about the lakes in the front yard. The city occasionally comes by and puts some road base in there, but it is a very temporary fix.

Today, I watched a pothole crew come to the roughest spot of road in front of my house. I have taken a picture and circled their work.
All better!

No comments: