Monday, June 7, 2010

I won I won I won!

One of blogs that I like to follow is a blog that is done by Andie for RC Willey, a furniture company around here. It's called "Room to Talk", and a lot of her posts remind me of our newlywed days. Over Memorial Day weekend, she announced a contest in which the winner would win a Blu Ray player and "Avatar" on Blu Ray. I hadn't seen Avatar yet, and was dying to see it. In her contest post, Andie said that she was looking for creative reasons why you should win the prize package. Well now. I can be very creative when I want to be. This is my entry:
I am being held captive by some really mean aliens. They are threatening to destroy the earth unless they are able to watch Avatar at *my* house. See, they are extremely ugly, and there would be no disguising them if I were to attempt to take them out in public. I offered to get the dvd to play and show them, but noooooooo, that's not good enough. The evil aliens want to watch it on Blu-Ray. I have tried to explain to them that I don't have a Blu-Ray player, nor the Blu-Ray of Avatar, but they don't seem to understand. (They don't seem to be a super smart race of aliens, like you THINK aliens would be) They also took away my credit cards to use at ear floss (no, you don't want to know). So, as you can see, the FATE OF THE WORLD is in your hands- If I win, I can show the aliens Avatar, and then they'll go on their happy way. If I don't win it, the world will be destroyed. You don't want that on your hands (well, what will be left of them, anyway), do you?
There were a total of 39 entries, and I won! I was so excited because this is definitely the neatest thing I've ever won.

I picked it up from RC Willey a couple days ago, and watched most of Avatar yesterday. Sadly, at the most interesting part of the movie, I had to leave and go to my part time summer job. -sigh- I will finish it today though.

The only downside to all of this is that J now wants to go buy a new tv. Technology has improved since I gave him the current tv for our anniversary almost five years ago. He's just sure that the display would look even more amazing if it was on a NEW big screen tv. He's sensible enough (I hope?!) that he won't replace a perfectly functioning tv.

No comments: