Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bountiful Baskets- May 1


My engineer husband's geeky ways are starting to rub off on me.

I ordered a Bountiful Basket for today. The basket itself cost $15 + sales tax. Instead of just putting everything away, I measured out how many pounds of each item I got. I stopped at Smith's grocery store on the way home and got prices so I could see how much I would've spent if I'd just bought the stuff there.

If I'd bought that exact basket at Smith's, it would have cost $36.21.

I plan to go do the same thing at Walmart, but not today. We still have our temporary sons, and we let K have two friends sleep over last night. So, I have 8 children running around the house right now. In addition, we have the five chicks (who are getting so big, and still look cute), and we have plans to go camping today. CRAZINESS!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So how much did you pay for the bountiful basket? How much of a savings was it?