Sunday, December 13, 2009

Conversations

A couple mornings ago, I got S out of bed, and she seemed a little quiet and withdrawn. I asked her what was wrong, and to my surprise, she burst into tears, and jumped into my arms.

I asked her what was wrong, and she began to sob, "I'm so sorry, Mommy!"

Uh Oh. Whatever she did must have been really bad for her to be this upset.

I keep calm and ask her what she was sorry about. She took a deep, shuddering breath and explained.

"Last night I dreamed that you were a snake. I was playing with you, and I accidentally SQUISHED YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" (As she spoke her tone got higher and higher and it ended in a wail).

I kept a straight face, though it was difficult.

Z has discovered the wonder of hot chocolate. He got a cup of it the other drank, drank it all gone. An hour or so later, he saw the empty cup, and brought it to me and said, "Uh oh Mommy, chocolate hot all gone. Need more! Uh oh Mommy!"

We set up our Christmas tree yesterday, much to the delight of the children. I turned on the lights this morning at their insistence. When the littles went down for their naps, I turned it back off. It's a pre-lit tree, so I figure that it's life expectancy is very finite, given that it is already several years old. When Z woke up, the first thing he did was run to visit the tree. With horror, he turned to me and said, "Uh oh, Mommy, the tree off. Need lights on! Oh no!!!!"

I know that two year olds have a terrible reputation, and I will admit they are a bit spirited and moody, but really, I think two year olds are some of the funnest kids around. Their wonder and passion are just amazing to be around.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I don't agree with the terrible twos either I love the two year old stage because they are so cute. Even when they are moody it's kind of cute to see such a tiny person throw a fit.