Friday, April 3, 2009

Eye Ulcers

So, remember that eye infection I was complaining about a couple weeks ago? It just didn't seem to be getting much better, and last night when I went to take out my contacts, I noticed one of those creepy white spots on the left eye, to match the shrinking one on my right eye. I gave in to J's prodding, and saw an ophthalmologist today. It's ulcers! On my corneas! I guess they're called corneal ulcers.

The doctor seemed pretty impressed by the new ulcer on my left eye. He gave me some "heavy duty" antibiotic drops that I'm supposed to use. In about 10 days, I'm to go back so he can check my progress, and then switch me over to a different type of drop that has a steroid in it that will help minimize scarring. I joked about scarring being the end of my modeling career. But, in all seriousness, I'm guessing scarred corneas don't take contacts very well. I am looking at a good month without contacts, which makes me very, very sad. Especially since a month from now, I'll be almost into the worst of the allergy season, and the 3ish weeks that my eyes are too swollen to wear contacts. Yay.

No comments: