Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ungrateful little...

This morning, the kids' school had a grandparents' breakfast. The big kids were pretty excited, and invited Grandma Sherie up to have breakfast and read books.

I knew it was going to be a bad day when I got up this morning. Z was standing in a puddle of vomit. I had to wake S up, and that never goes well- she is incredibly cranky.

So, what happened with the grandparents' breakfast shouldn't be a surprise. The line was looooooooooong, and we had to wait for a good 10-15 minutes. We get up to the front of the line to get our...... breakfast?

Breakfast was a slice of bread, and then our choice of a carton of milk, apple, or orange juice. Apparently I do pretty great breakfasts because my kids were outraged. We were towards the end of the line, so the kids were able to get seconds on the slices of bread.

It was fun to spend time with my mom though. And I can tell this breakfast is going to be the stuff of an inside joke for years to come. There were some Oliver references made.

I feel somewhat guilty because it WAS free. However, had I known that it was going to be so skimpy, I would've given my kids a bowl of cereal before we left.

No comments: