Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sad ending to a happy day

I took a whole bunch of wonderful photos of all the yummy food I cooked for Thanksgiving. I was all set to post them tonight, but we made a sad discovery.

K's leopard gecko has died. She has not been eating well for a couple months and has seemed sluggish. I have worried a bit about it, but several google searches have assured me that it's common for a leopard gecko to go somewhat dormant in the wintertime, so I decided to not fret. I didn't remember her doing it this much last winter, but I am a bit senile, so who knows?

We got home tonight and discovered she was gone. Poor K is pretty upset about it. We put the gecko in a tissue box, and we'll bury her tomorrow. I have offered to buy her a new gecko, but I'm not sure if she'll do it right away or not.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh the poor little thing, is she doing okay? that is so sad to have a pet die and i can imagine it is just as sad being the mom and seeing her little heart break. :0(