Saturday, August 16, 2008

Embracing my inner hippie

I bought some reusable bags a couple months ago from Costco. I loved the idea of not using plastic bags. However, my Costco bags were HUGE! I can fit an entire shopping trip in one or two. That is just not good when you've got fragile stuff. Not to mention it gets very heavy and awkward.

I have to admit I got pretty lazy, and reverted back to my plastic grocery bag hoarding ways. Two days ago, however, a friend gave me THIS link. It gives some really difficult facts about plastic grocery bags. For example, they can take up to 1000 years to degrade. It also had some really heart wrenching photos of animals entrapped in the bags, and landfills full of bags. It had a pretty strong effect on me.

So, lookie at the fruits of my latest grocery shopping trip!


Please, please look at the link I referenced above, and either buy or make some reusable bags. It really is disturbing how much damage the plastic bags are doing to the environment.

No comments: