Friday, July 18, 2008

Treasure Hunt!



For a long time, I promised the kids that I'd do a treasure hunt for them. I decided K's birthday party was the perfect time to actually do it. So, one of the highlights of the party was a treasure hunt that I put together on the sly.

Here was the letter that began everything:

I decided to have S be the messenger.
(for those of you paying attention, yes, S is wearing her shorts AND her shirt backwards)
The kids were so excited to go on the hunt, and they had an absolute blast.
For the treasure, I simply found chocolate that was wrapped in gold wrappers. I got some peanut butter bon bons, miniature size Snickers, and miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I think it looked pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Chardell said...

Wow! That's an elaborate treasure hunt! I'm wholly impressed.

Mine & Beth's Creations said...

You are such a cool mom! I need to remember this one!