Friday, March 14, 2008

Joining a gym

I decided recently that my sloth days are at an end. I have decided to join a gym and reclaim what's left of my body.

I found a great deal at a local ladies' gym. I have to sign a 3 year contract to get the best deal, but the monthly fee is so cheap that it seems worth it. I'm paying about a third of what I'd pay elsewhere. They also have an onsite daycare, and if I volunteer in the daycare once a week, my kids in daycare are free!

So, I've attended two classes this week, and had a blast. I wasn't nearly as sore this morning as I thought I'd be. The class I took yesterday was a "Turbo Kick" class, which involves wrap gloves and a bit boxing bag. You are punching and kicking at it, and generally having a blast.

This morning I took a "Rep Reebok" class, which is a strength training class. I had a lot of fun, but I suspect I'll hate the instructor in the morning.

I am amazed at how much better I feel, even after just two classes. My energy is a lot higher, and the endorphins are running. I have very high hopes that I will quickly tone up and be a lot happier with my body.

So far, the kids like the daycare. I don't think the big kids would like it very much, so hopefully I'll keep my gym trips to when they're at school.

No comments: